This post may contain affiliate links. Read the full disclosure for more information.
Like millions of other Americans, slime has overtaken our house! What spare time used to be filled with Netflix and painting is now filled with creating new slimes for our slime business.
Today, we’re sharing one of our current favorites! It does take a little more effort than our typical slime but the results are definitely worth it!
HOW TO MAKE ROOT BEER FLOAT SLIME
Ingredients and Supplies:
Root Beer Slime –
- 1 5 oz container clear glue
- 1 cup hot water
- ⅓ tsp borax
- ¼ cup room temperature water
- 1 tsp root beer extract
- Brown food coloring – We use the gel!
- White foam beads
- 2 containers
White Foamy Slime –
- 1 ⅓ cup white glue
- 1 tbsp + 2 ⅓ tsp Instant Snow
- ⅓ cup Sta-Flo
- ⅓ cup water, hot
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup shaving cream, optional
- 2 containers
- Vanilla Extract, optional
- Container for storage
Instructions for Root Beer Float Slime:
To make the root beer slime:
- In a container, pour 1 cup of hot water.
- Add ⅓ tsp of borax and mix well.
- In a second bowl or container, fill with ¼ cup room temperature water.
- Squeeze an entire bottle (5 oz) of clear glue.
- Swirl in brown food coloring until you get your desired root beer color.
- Pour 1 tsp root beer extract into the glue mix.
- Add a few white foam beads. These will make it look like the carbonation bubbles! A little of these go a long way!
- Pour the glue mixture into the water and borax mixture.
- Let it sit for 30 seconds. You will see the slime begin to form.
- Rinse your glue container quickly or get a third container. Remove the slime from the water and into your clean container.
- Knead the slime.
To make the top white foamy slime:
- In a container, pour the white glue.
- Slowly add the Sta-Flo one teaspoon at a time, mixing between each. If needed, you can use a little more or less to your liking. The Sta-Flo is your activator.
- Add in ½-1 tsp baking powder if needed to make it a little less sticky. If you want the top scented, add a few drops of vanilla extract.
- Knead your slime.
- In a second bowl, pour the instant snow and add hot water. It will expand and ‘puff’.
- Add the instant snow to the white slime and knead well.
- Set aside in a container.
To make a root beer float, put the brown slime first into your container and top with the white foamy slime.
- We buy our glue in bulk. It’s cheaper and much easier if you have a slime maker in your house!
- Gel food coloring works AWESOME! There are lots of color options and they color really well. You don’t need much – a little will go a long way.
- The white slime has a very different texture than the root beer slime. It is thicker and not quite as stretchy. But as our daughter said, “It’s very satisfying and good to poke.” Apparently these are very important qualities for slime. 🙂
- Don’t be alarmed if you order the instant snow and it doesn’t look like much. It will expand to 4-5 times its size. Our container has made SEVERAL batches so far!
Love SLIME as much as we do? Don’t miss these fun posts!
PIN IT FOR LATER!