This post may contain affiliate links. Read the full disclosure for more information.
Slime labs are popping up all over America. With kids falling in love with the ooey-gooey-goodness of slimes, moms are finding it hard to deal. The constant mess covering the kitchen countertops and the sticky mess leftover from the “experiments” has them hating slime. But slime isn’t always terrible.
Once you find the right recipe and figure out exactly what you need to make a good quality slime, it’s all fun from there.
My kids are so slime obsessed that they’ve started their own business, The Prickly Pair Slime Co. As they learn and experiment with new slime flavors, textures and scents, we’ve decided to start adding the recipes to the blog, in hopes that it helps moms keep their sanity. Hopefully, once your kiddo finds the perfect recipe, it’ll be smooth sailing! For a few of our favorites, be sure to check out our other slime recipes, as well as how we make $100+ a month by selling slime.
Foam Bead Slime Ingredients:
- 1 airtight container
- 1 5 oz bottle of clear glue
- ½ cup water
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp contact solution
- Foam Beads (There are so many different colors and sizes! We used a multi color small foam bead)
- Clear fine glitter
- Small bowl
Foam Bead Slime Instructions:
- In a bowl, pour the entire 5 oz bottle of clear glue.
- Add in ½ cup of water.
- Add in ½ tsp baking soda and stir.
- Next, add in glitter.
- Add 1 tbsp contact solution. It will instantly begin to form.
- Pour in foam beads.
- It will be STICKY! Don’t panic! Mix the solution in the bowl until it starts to form.
- Knead the slime until it is no longer sticky.
- Continue to add the foam beads until you get a look that you are going for.
- Store in an airtight container.
Host your own SLIME party on a budget!
- If you want a super clear slime, omit the glitter.
- Go easy on the beads. You can always add more later but if you add too many, it’ll be a pain to remove them!
- If (and when) the beads rise to the top, you just have to mix them back in and your slime will be good as new!
The fun texture and bright colors make foam bead slime a favorite by all!
Love slime as much as we do? Don’t miss these posts!