My kiddos are obsessed with making slime. I mean, they think about it day and night. Their other obsession? Shaved ice. I knew we had to combine their loves to create a fun slushie slime recipe. After a lot of trial and error, we finally found the perfect recipe.
But before I share it with you, I want you to know what to look for when you’re looking for THE perfect slime recipe.
- It needs to be easy and fairly simple.
- Make sure it’s easy to clean up and requires only a few ingredients.
- Ensure that it calls for the right amount of ingredients that will keep your slime from being too thick or too runny.
- Eventually, you’ll determine the perfect base recipe and then you’ll be able to add fun extras to your slime, like beads or pom poms.
Now, on to the fun stuff:
Slushie Slime Ingredients:
- 1 airtight container
- 1 5 oz bottle of clear glue
- ½ cup water
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp contact solution
- Slushie Beads
- Small bowl
Slushie Slime Instructions:
- In a bowl, pour the entire 5 oz bottle of clear glue.
- Add in ½ cup of water.
- Drop a few colors of red coloring. We use these soap dyes. I love them – there are a ton of colors to choose from and they don’t color your hands. Stir to mix.
- Add in ½ tsp baking soda and stir.
- Add 1 tbsp contact solution. It will instantly begin to form.
- Next, add in the slushie beads.
- It will be STICKY! Don’t panic! Mix the solution in the bowl until it starts to form.
- Knead the slime until it is no longer sticky. Store in an airtight container.
After the slime sits for a bit, the beads will rise to the top and the slime will settle to the bottom. It’s okay: just mix it and it will all go back together. The kids will think this is super cool!
Don’t miss this! Host your own SLIME party on a budget!
While you’re here, be sure to check out our other fool-proof slime recipes: