This post may contain affiliate links. Read the full disclosure for more information.
Kids love to stay up late and help ring in the New Year but it can be tricky to come up with activities and snacks to keep their attention until midnight. If your kids are anything like mine, they’re asleep by 10:00, no matter how hard they try to stay awake. That’s why this year, I’ve planned plenty of New Year’s Eve craft for kids, yummy snacks and fun games to play! Hopefully, we’ll make it till midnight this year!
New Year’s Eve Craft for Kids
- 4 inch paper plates
- Paint pens or markers
- Curling ribbon
- Paper straws or Jumbo popsicle sticks
- Craft pom poms
- Beans – any small, dry variety
- Hot glue gun & glue sticks
- Additional themed craft items, if desired
- Decorate the backside of two paper plates in any desired theme or design.
- I like to coordinate the designs since one plate will be used for the front of the noisemaker and one for the back.
- Glue the straw or popsicle stick to the inside of the backside plate as shown.
- If using a straw, flatten the portion that will be glued to the plate to make final assembly easier.
- Also be sure to attach about halfway into the plate for stability
- Place a small amount of beans in the plate, just above where the handle is glued.
- Hot glue an even bead of glue all the way around the outside ring of the plate and carefully place the front plate on top and slightly press down until set
- Add curling ribbon and additional décor where the plate and handle meet to finish the look.
You are now ready to make some noise for the new year!!!
Looking for some fun snacks for your New Year’s Eve celebration?