This post may contain affiliate links. Read the full disclosure for more information.
Math. It’s the one subject we actually splurge on in our homeschool. Each year, we’d spend hundreds of dollars on math programs alone because affordable homeschool math options are few and far between. And while I didn’t like to dish out that kind of money, it was worth it.
You see, I’m not a “math person.”I can read, write or spell with the best of them but give me a math book and I’ll likely throw it in the trash. Math just isn’t my thing.
So, of course, when we started homeschooling, I knew I would have to figure something else out for our math lessons. I certainly wouldn’t be putting together my own math curriculum. From the beginning, I’ve taken a hands-off approach when it comes to teaching math. I simply plop my kids down in front of a computer and let other programs do the teaching.
But what happened when my kids had a question wasn’t pretty. I generally ended up frustrated with trying to explain equations and confusing them more than before. I needed something that was quick, thorough and easy to understand.
What I found was even better.
I received this product for free and was compensated for my time. A positive review is not guaranteed. All opinions are my own.
Affordable Homeschool Math for Grades 1-7
While other math programs boast price tags of $100+, Math Mammoth can provide 7 years of math for the same price! Check out how Math Mammoth‘s price compares to some of the other most popular homeschool math programs:
Math-U-See Epsilon Set: $135+cost of manipulatives
Saxon Math: $82.50
Math In Focus: $225.90
Bob Jones: $114.70
All prices are for 5th grade level and have come from Rainbow Resource Center, where you can grab the Math Mammoth Light Blue Series CDs for $154.98 for all 7 years!
Math Mammoth Light Blue Series includes your entire math curriculum for grades 1-7 for the average cost of 1 year with other programs!
Be sure to check out the Math Mammoth website, where you’ll have more ordering options and it’s a tad bit cheaper! You can grab an entire year’s curriculum for just $22.14 each when you opt for the CD (which contains the digital version) of Math Mammoth’s Light Blue Series! And you can print your downloads for super cheap, using The Homeschool Printing Company! (Tell them Tiffany from Homeschool Hideout sent you for an additional 10% off your pre-shipping price!)
Finally! A Self-Teaching Math Program
One of our favorite parts of Math Mammoth is that it is so easy to understand, your child can literally teach themselves. There is no teacher’s book that forces parents to spend hours reading aloud boring material. Instead, each lesson has a short section that the kiddos can read on their own. They teach themselves, and can easily refer back to the lesson, as it’s broken into small chunks and on each lesson.
Now when my kiddos have a question, I don’t need to search through months worth of lessons to find the lecture to find the answers. I can simply refer to that lesson and help my child work through the problems, while the information is still fresh in their minds.
The Nitty Gritty
- Math Mammoth is mastery-based, with some spiraling to refresh the details.
- It’s topical, meaning they dig deep into one topic at a time, much like a unit study for math!
- Kids can read the lessons themselves! Once your child can read, they will teach themselves. That’s ah-mazing!
- Workbook style learning is quick and easy, only teaching what’s necessary to help kids understand the concepts.
- There’s an option for everyone! You can purchase a CD, download or printed workbooks.
- Math Mammoth is perfect as a stand alone curriculum but it’s also easy to use when your student is struggling with a certain concept. Use it as reinforcement or extra practice.
- Each chapter contains helpful internet links, extra games, practice sites and links to additional manipulatives.
- Each level contains 4 books: student worktext A, student worktext B, test and cumulative reviews and answer keys.
- Printing your own curriculum creates the perfect on-the-go math. No heavy books or CDS. Just grab your needed lessons and head out the door!
- Math Mammoth offers free placement tests to ensure your child starts where needed.
- Don’t miss all of the incredibly valuable FREEBIES Math Mammoth offers!
If you’re looking for a high quality yet affordable homeschool math program, you don’t want to miss Math Mammoth! With an out-of-this world price tag, plus content that exceeds expectations, your homeschool will thank you!
WIN! WIN! WIN!
Math Mammoth is graciously giving away 50 Light Blue Series bundles!!!