Wouldn’t it be nice if you could just pass your kids’ science class off to a professional, who makes learning fun and interactive? If you’re a member of my email list, (which you TOTALLY should be!) you already know how much we enjoy Greg Landry science classes. Today, I’m going to fill you in on why we’re enjoying yet another one of Greg Landry’s science classes!
This post is sponsored by College Prep Science. I was compensated for my time but a good review was not guaranteed.
As always, I only recommend products and curriculum I think you will genuinely enjoy.
How My Teaching Styles Have Changed
The truth is, the longer I homeschool, the more I try to outsource my kids’ classes. I have a couple of trustworthy math programs that we use. My older kids are able to do their language arts on their own. We’re currently unschooling history as we work our way through this list of World War II movies.
But, we needed something for science. A few years ago, I loved doing science experiments with my younger kiddos. We would spend all afternoon jumping into the wonders of the world around us. But now, I just don’t have time. My kids are older and aren’t as interested in watching food coloring travel from one cup to the next. That’s why I was so happy to have found Greg Landry’s science classes.
All About Greg Landry Science Classes
Greg Landry is the founder of College Prep Science, a site that offers online science classes for grades 6-12. Greg was formerly a college professor, a homeschool dad and has spent the last 20 years teaching his passion, science.
The first class we ever took from Greg Landry was Student Success Skills. I knew that my high schooler needed to learn to study and take notes, something she wasn’t learning from me. This class was the perfect solution! She got an exciting new teacher, who encouraged them and taught her all kinds of tips and tricks to help her.
I liked the format so much that I decided to enroll my 7th grader in Anatomy and Physiology. She is obsessed with animals and has plans to be a vet. I thought that learning about the human body would be a good way for her to learn, for her future. And, boy, did it help! By the end of the class, she had a better grasp on how all parts of the body work and she was able to relate that to animals, as well. (She loves asking questions like “Why do cows have 4 stomachs and humans have 1?”)
This go-round, we decided to enroll in Earth & Space Science. So far, so good! She’s learned all about the ocean’s tides, weather, climate, latitude, longitude, the solar system, the Heavens and rocks, minerals and landforms, just to name a few. It’s been a more grown-up way to learn, in-depth, about things we covered at the beginning of her elementary years. She’s really found it interesting and says that Greg Landry is a better teacher than me. 😛
Why I Love Greg Landry Science Classes
- I don’t have to do anything: no prep work, no teaching, nada!
- The kids love the interactive videos.
- It covers content that actually excites my kids! They look forward to completing Greg’s classes.
- It’s in-depth but doesn’t include a lot of “fluff.” There’s nothing my kids hate more than busy-work.
- It doesn’t require a lot of supplies. All you need is a notebook and some colored pencils.
- He teaches how to take good, quality notes and teaches them “note-sketching,” which was a new idea to us.
- Each lesson begins with a prayer and teaches from a biblical viewpoint, yet it’s not “overly” religious.
- He offers classes for all ages. I like to do a more hands-on approach through the elementary years and then pass the torch to Greg Landry for middle and high school.
- College Prep Science offers online labs, which is a God-send for teaching high school science! I love the fact that my kiddos will be college-ready after using his classes.
- Classes are self-paced, which means you don’t have to worry about falling “behind” when life happens. My kids actually love to sit down and binge-watch Greg’s videos!
- The whole family can use the self-paced classes, for one low price. Plus, you have access to prerecorded classes for one whole school year!
- Greg Landry is available to answer questions via email.
If you’re looking for a hands-off class that your kids will enjoy, you can’t miss Greg Landry science classes!
CLICK HERE TO CHECK OUT ALL OF GREG LANDRY SCIENCE CLASSES!
While you’re there, grab some awesome science freebies offered by College Prep Science!