This post may contain affiliate links. Read the full disclosure for more information.
Everywhere you look, the hand sanitizer is sold out! And with the signs of the pandemic all around us, you certainly don’t want to be unprepared when you need some good hand sanitizer. At home, we can easily wash our hands and disinfect with spray. But when you do have to brave the grocery store or gas pumps, you NEED a good, quality hand sanitizer. Besides not being able to find any, you’re tired of your hands being dry and cracked from all the washing that’s taking place. And a lot of people all across the world are in the same boat, which is why I’m sharing my recipe for a DIY moisturizing hand sanitizer!
DIY Moisturizing Hand Sanitizer Gel Recipe
- 1/3 cup Aloe Vera gel (Find it here on Amazon)
- 1 cup 120 proof or higher drinking alcohol or 90% or higher isopropyl alcohol
- 1 tablespoon vegetable glycerin (Find it here on Amazon)
- 1/2 tablespoon sweet almond oil (Find it here on Amazon)
- 1/2 tablespoon rosehip oil (Find it here on Amazon)
- *5-10 drops of ylang ylang essential oil (Find it here on Amazon)
- 5-10 drops of citronella essential oil (Find it here on Amazon)
- 5-10 drops of eucalyptus essential oil (Find it here on Amazon)
- 3 3 ounce plastic squeeze top travel bottles (Find it here on Amazon)
- Measuring cup
Add your aloe gel, alcohol, and arnica oil to a measuring cup.
Whisk in the essential oils of your choice. We chose to add sweet almond oil, rosehip oil, ylang ylang oil, citronella oil and eucalyptus oil because they are safe for kiddos to use, too. If your not making this for kids, you can double the amount of essential oils you add.
Using a funnel, add the mixture into your bottle, stopping about ½” from the top. Add the top and screw on tightly. Affix your label!
3 Ingredient DIY Hand Sanitizer
If you’re looking for a more simple, less hydrating DIY hand sanitizer, simply mix 3 TBSP of your choice of alcohol, 1 TBSP of aloe vera and 1/2 tsp of vegetable glycerin. It will still get your hands clean but won’t moisturize and keep them soft, like the other one does!