This post may contain affiliate links. Read the full disclosure for more information.
Momming is hard. Sometimes between laundry and lunches, I don’t have time to squeeze in a spare minute. Instead of cooking every single night, I’ve vowed to find recipes that are simple to make, easy to freeze and my kids will actually enjoy as leftovers. This simple lasagna hits the spot!
For years I didn’t make lasagna because my kids said it was basically spaghetti. And it took me way more effort than a quick spaghetti meal. So until they decided that everything that includes pasta and marinara sauce are not, in fact, the same meal, we went without homemade lasagna. But, oh the joys of kids growing up.
When looking for a meal that is quick and easy, this isn’t the first to turn to. In fact, we eat a LOT of tacos and spaghetti because they’re just so darn simple. But after years and years, I have found some recipes give more bang for the buck. This simple lasagna is one of them.
I like to make our lasagna in a meatloaf pan. Why? The portions are big enough for dinner (a big dinner!) and the extras are easy to take out and freeze for individual portions. Making lasagna takes a little bit more prep than some dinners, but it is SO good! Having a few pieces in the freezer that you can pull out for a quick dinner or lunch makes it really easy. Just thaw and warm in the microwave. Typically, I will double our recipe and make a bunch to store! This recipe will make 8 meatloaf pan portions.
Ingredients for Simple Lasagna:
- Lasagna Noodles
- 2 Jars Marinara Sauce
- 1 Container Ricotta Cheese
- 1 Egg
- ½ Cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Pound Ground Beef
- 1 Pound Italian Sausage
- Shredded Mozzarella
- Fresh Mozzarella
- Italian Seasoning
- Easy Homemade Season Salt (Equal parts salt, pepper, onion powder and garlic powder)
- 1 ½ tbsp Savory
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
Simple Lasagna Instructions:
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Begin cooking the meat. In a saucepan, place 1 pound each of ground beef and Italian sausage. We’ve tried ground turkey and Italian sausage and the whole family loves it, too. Just use whatever you’ve got!
- Sprinkle with season salt, Italian seasoning and a touch of Savory.
- Fully cook the meat, drain and set aside.
- While the meat is cooking, boil a large pot of water and cook lasagna noodles according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- To make the cheese mixture, empty a container of Ricotta cheese into a bowl. If don’t have Ricotta on hand, I use cottage cheese. The texture is a bit different but it’s still just as yummy!
- Add one egg and ½ cup of Parmesan cheese. Mix well.
- In the bottom of the pan, add a little marinara sauce.
- Next, add a cooked lasagna noodle.
- Drop a few dollops of Ricotta cheese mixture. Sprinkle with a little Italian seasoning and Savory.
- Spoon a bit of marinara sauce on top.
- Pour in some of the Italian sausage/ground beef mixture.
- Cut a few slices of fresh Mozzarella on top of the meat.
- Cover with a lasagna noodle.
- Repeat this process.
- After you top the lasagna with a noodle, spoon marinara sauce on top.
- Sprinkle with shredded mozzarella and sprinkle with parmesan.
- Bake at 375 for 30 minutes.
If you use a silicone meatloaf pan, the portions slide out super easy for serving! Serve with a side salad or garlic bread. Throw the leftovers in the fridge for tomorrow’s lunch! Easy peasy lemon squeezy! Now you know why I call this simple lasagna recipe the ultimate lazy mom’s favorite!