This post may contain affiliate links. Read the full disclosure for more information.
If there’s one thing I can count on as a mom, it’s a pile of laundry waiting for me at the end of the day. No matter what, there’s a stack of dirty underwear, stinky socks and holey jeans, just waiting for my attention. And if there’s one thing I hate more than anything, it’s a stack of laundry waiting for me each and every day. Alas, the life of a stay-at-home mom. 😉
While laundry is far from my favorite chore, it’s something that has to be done, so I might as well get used to it. One way I’ve found to make laundry less miserable for me is to use my DIY stain fighting laundry tablets, instead of trying to treat each and every stain. Where I used to carefully comb over each piece of clothing to ensure I didn’t miss any stains, I now just throw the clothes into the wash with my trusty DIY stain fighting laundry tablets and they come out clean as a whistle!
The best part of these stain fighting tablets is that they are as easy as they are effective! With just a little bit of prep work, you can have a few months worth of laundry tablets on hand and ready to use!
DIY Stain Fighting Laundry Tablets
- 1 bar White Zote Soap
- 1 Bottle of Snuggle In wash Scent Booster
- 6 full scoops of Oxi Clean
- 4 cups of washing soda
- ½ cup of Borax
- ½ -1 cup white vinegar
- Rubber gloves/ large spoon
- Open Zoote soap and use a cheese grater to shred or grate soap into a large bowl.
- Next add Oxi clean, Washing Soda, Borax, and Scent Booster.
- Mix everything together thoroughly.
- SLOWLY add the vinegar. There will be a chemical reaction when this happens causing the mixture to warm up. ONLY USE ¼ -½ CUP OF VINEGAR AT A TIME
- Use a spoon to mix until the powder is slightly wet.
- Next, use molds and fill with mixture. The mixture will feel warm, but I used my hands for this!
- Spread and smooth molds to the top and allow to dry.
- Once completely dry, remove from molds and they are ready to use!
Grab the supplies for your own DIY stain fighting laundry tablets: