This post may contain affiliate links. Read the full disclosure for more information.
If you’re looking for a simple side that’s as yummy as it is easy to make, you can’t miss out on this quick and easy classic pea salad recipe. It’s a colorful comfort food that makes even kids love peas!
(Shhhh! Don’t tell them and they won’t even taste them!)
This classic side dish is perfect for barbecues, potlucks or as a side dish to your favorite meal. It’s easy to whip together when you don’t have time to slave over the stove for hours on end.
- 1 32oz Bag Frozen Peas (thawed)
- 1/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Tbs Garlic
- 1 Medium Red Onion (Chopped)
- 10-12 Strips Cooked Bacon (Sliced)
- 8oz Cheddar Cheese (Shredded)
- 1/2 Cup Buttermilk Ranch Dressing
- 1/2 Cup Mayonnaise
- Salt & Pepper ( to taste)
- Add peas, bacon, onion, Parmesan, garlic, salt, pepper and cheddar cheese to a large mixing bowl.
- Pour in mayonnaise & ranch.
- Gently stir all ingredients together.
- Cover with foil and refrigerate for 1-2 hours before serving.
The Ranch dressing gives this easy classic pea salad a kick! I’ve made it both with and without the ranch but it really gives it that extra pizazz! I should have expected that, though! You just can’t go wrong when there’s ranch dressing involved. 😉
Don’t miss out on these tasty side dishes, too:
- Easy Homemade Onion Rings That’ll Make Your Mouth Water
- Air Fryer Corn on the Cob You’ll Love
- 10+ Easy Instant Pot Side Dishes for When You’re in a Time Crunch
- Scrumptious Green Beans in the Crock Pot
While you’re at it, whip up something sweet to eat:
- Easy Cookie Sandwiches
- Homemade Unicorn Donuts
- Simple Fried Ice Cream
- Funfetti Skillet Cookie
- Air Fryer Reese’s Wraps
- Brownie Batter Dip