This post may contain affiliate links. Read the full disclosure for more information.
Science can be such a fun subject for kids, but what do you do if you’re not a science fan yourself. Teaching science isn’t really your thing but you don’t want your little science-nerd to miss out on the wonders of the world. That’s where online science classes with Greg Landry come in handy!
As a veteran homeschool mom, we’ve used many, many of Greg Landry’s online science classes. His company, College Prep Science, is our go-to for older kids because he offers online labs for many classes that you simply can’t find anywhere else!
When you’re looking for online classes, there are a few things you should be looking for:
- Does the teacher know the information well? Is the information true and can be backed up with facts?
- Do your beliefs align with the teacher’s? It makes a bigger difference than you might think.
- Is the workload do-able for your child? While it would be nice if your child could take a huge workload each semester, sometimes that simply isn’t realistic.
- Is your child going to hate it? Kids learn in different ways, so it may be a total waste of money to purchase an online class that doesn’t teach in a way that your child can learn.
- Is the class flexible? Let’s be real, life happens and a strict schedule can throw your child behind in online science classes faster than anything else. Being able to work at their own pace is a huge plus for our family!
Online Science Classes with Greg Landry
Greg Landry has been our “go-to” science expert for a few years now. Each class we take, impresses me more than the last. We’re currently loving Earth & Space Science. It’s a self-paced class for grades 4-7th but there are awesome classes for all ages!
- No need to dig through the art box to find supplies! Students only need a notebook and colored pencils.
- Students work at their own pace but these online science classes with Greg Landry can be completed in just one semester.
- Greg Landry offers a printable study guide that really helps bring the class to life.
- Video lessons are between 20-40 minutes long. Kids love the bite-size lessons that are easy to digest. I love that they don’t constantly feel overwhelmed.
- Greg Landry also offers all kinds of awesome free printables for your homeschool, which are super helpful.
All About the Self-Paced Earth & Space Science Class
— Class Intro – Instructions and Introduction for Parents and Students
— Taking Notes, Note-Sketching, & Studying
— Prime Meridian, International Date Line, Latitude, Longitude, & Time Zones
— Ocean Tides
— Earth’s Atmosphere, Weather & Climate
— The Heavens I
— The Heavens II
— Rocks, Minerals, Ores, Landforms etc.
As you can see, it covers everything you’ll need for Earth and Space Science! If you’re not interested in Earth & Space Science, there are plenty of other online science classes with Greg Landry.
8th -12th Grade Two Semester (Full School Year) Classes
– Standard High School Biology
– High School Chemistry
– Standard High School Conceptual Physics (only basic math)
– High School Anatomy & Physiology
7th -12th Grade Half Semester Classes
– Exercise & Sports Physiology
– Biochemistry / Microbiology
– Embryology / Endocrinology
– Earth & Space Science
– Study Skills / Measurement / Lab Reports / Graphing
4th – 7th Grade One Semester Classes for Young Scientists
– Anatomy & Physiology
– Earth & Space Science
If you prefer LIVE online classes, Greg Landry has something for you, too!
– Biology – College Prep (9th-12th) – Two Semester Class
– Life Prep Biology (8th-12th) – Two Semester Class
– Chemistry – College Prep (10th-12th) – Two Semester Class
– Life Prep Chemistry (9th-12th) – Two Semester Class
– Life Prep Physics (9th-12th) – Two Semester Class
– Human Anatomy & Physiology (9th-12th) – Two Semester Class
– Pre-Anatomy & Physiology (6th-9th) – One Semester Class
– Pre-Chemistry (6th-9th) – – One Semester Class
– Pre-Biology (6th-9th) – One Semester Class
– Pre-Physics (6th-9th) – One Semester Class
– Student Success Skills 101 (6th-10th) – 4 Week Class
– Science 101 (6th-10th) – 4 Week Class
If you need to take teaching science off of your own plate, you can’t afford to not check out online science classes with Greg Landry!