This post may contain affiliate links. Read the full disclosure for more information.
If you ask me if I’m worried about my kiddos missing out on experiences by homeschool, I’d tell you “no way.” The fact is, there are a few things I miss about public schools. Friday night football games. Prom. The annual school photos. Access to awesome live science labs. But the benefits of homeschool outweighs the bad by so much, I don’t even recognize those little issues.
Many of the items on my list of “drawbacks” can be recreated with a little bit of planning and extra work, on my part. But only one of those things mentioned above was darn near impossible for me to recreate. No matter how I try, it’s just too hard to create a live science lab. As I searched, I found a few online science labs but we all know that it’s just not the same as a live science lab. That’s why I was stoked to find College Prep Science.
This post is sponsored by College Prep Science. All opinions are my own and a positive review is not required.
Live Science Labs for Homeschoolers
Greg Landry is a homeschool dad and former college professor who is filling a huge void in the homeschool community with his live science labs. Between chemistry and biology, he offers classes that will give students a hands-on experience that most homeschoolers are unable to experience until they attend college. But Mr. Landry’s live science labs offer more than just hands-on experience. Your kiddos will make new friends, build critical thinking skills and develop an inquiry and research mindset.
More about College Prep Science’s Live Labs
What should you expect when looking into live science labs?
- College Prep Science offers 2 intensive days jam-packed with live science labs.
- Students will receive 11 hours of hands-on experience.
- Classes cost $280 per student and include all supplies, instruction and lab manuals.
- Live science labs are perfect for 7th-12th grade students.
- Each intense session offers a wide range of in-depth college prep labs
- Each 2 day lab is equal to an ENTIRE YEAR of science labs!
- Can’t decide between chemistry or biology? Just do both! Trust me, this will take a HUGE pressure off of mom! Being able to check one of the most stressful classes off of our list has brought a sense of peace and confidence to our homeschool.
Make it a Family Outing
For those of you who, like us, don’t live within a day’s drive of any of the nearly 15 locations, there’s still hope! Just make it a family trip! Franklin, TN is the nearest location for our family, so we’re planning a quick getaway. While my oldest is having a blast at the live science labs, the rest of the family will be learning about history. It’ll be the best field trip of the year and the whole family will get something out of our trip!
Instead of sitting at the hotel, waiting for Ms. Bookworm to complete her live science labs, we’ll be enjoying a few of these fun places near Franklin, TN:
- The Frist Art Museum
- Country Music Hall of Fame
- Cumberland Caverns
- Nashville Zoo at Grassmere
- Lane Motor Museum
- Treetop Adventure Park
- Fort Negley Park
- The Park at Harlinsdale Farm
- Lotz House Museum
Don’t wait! Classes are filling up quickly!
Sign up for live science labs with College Prep Science today!
Win a class from College Prep Science!
Each month, College Prep Science gives away one free class.
- – College Prep Biology (grades 8-12)
- – Life Prep Biology (grades 8-12)
- – College Prep Chemistry (grades 9-12)
- – Life Prep Chemistry (grades 8-12)
- – College Prep Physics (grades 10-12)
- – Life Prep Physics (grades 9-12)
- – Pre-Biology and Pre-Anatomy & Physiology (grades 6-9)
- – Pre-Chemistry and Pre-Physics (grades 6-9)
- – Exercise & Sports Physiology and Forensic Science (grades 8-12)
- – Human Anatomy & Physiology (grades 9-12)