This post may contain affiliate links. Read the full disclosure for more information.
My family absolutely loves fresh green beans but I could never seem to get the recipe just right. They never tasted like my grandma’s and I just couldn’t seem to get the right flavor. Time and time again, my green beans turned out bland. Finally, I’ve hit a home run with my latest concoction! Best of all, I can make the green beans in the CrockPot!
It doesn’t get much easier than CrockPot cooking. Whether you’re cooking for a crowd or just need a healthy dinner ready and waiting at the end of a long day, the slow cooker is your friend. You can start these yummy green beans before work and they’ll be delicious by the time you are ready for dinner!
Mouth-watering Green Beans in the CrockPot
- 2-4 lbs of fresh green beans
- 1 ½ -2 lbs of jowl bacon
- 1 white onion
- 1 stem of fresh rosemary
- 1 large stem of fresh thyme
- 1 tbs. of minced garlic
- 3-4 cups of water
- Pinch of seasoned salt (onion powder, garlic powder, salt, black pepper)
Quick & Easy Directions:
- Remove stems and clean the green beans.
- Cut beans in half and add to the slow cooker.
- Dice onion and toss into the slow cooker.
- Rough dice the bacon and add to the green beans.
- Remove the leaf from the thyme and rosemary and place the herbs in the slow cooker.
- Add garlic and 3-4 cups of water to the slow cooker.
- Place lid on top and cook low for 6-8 hours.
- Once finished, remove stems of the rosemary and thyme.
- Scoop and serve with your favorite meals.
I love that these green beans are as effortless as they are tasty! In less than 15 minutes, I can prep my green beans in the CrockPot and rest assured that my whole family will love them!
Make your life easier with quality kitchen tools!