If there’s one thing my kids love, it’s a sweet treat! But the costs of fancy-schmancy bakery goods can add up fast! It didn’t take me long to realize I can be making their favorite treats at home. That’s when I started whipping up these easy DIY ice cream sandwiches for kids!
The truth is, with so many variations, you could make new easy DIY ice cream sandwiches everyday and never use the same ingredients! I love that these can be a special “after-dinner-treat” or they make the ultimate crowd-pleaser at birthday parties!
Super Easy DIY Ice Cream Sandwiches for Kids
- Half Gallon Vanilla Ice Cream
- 16 Store-bought MnM’s cookies
- Mini chocolate chips
- Coconut flakes
- Sliced almonds
- Walnut pieces
- Dump your toppings into individual bowls.
- Turn a cookie upside-down and place a scoop of ice cream onto it.
- Place another cookie on top, right-side-up.
- Press gently.
- Use a knife or spatula to even out any ice cream that hassqueezed out of the sandwich.
- Roll the sides into the topping of your choice.
- Place the finished ice cream sandwich on a cookie sheet covered with a piece of parchment paper.
- Put in the freezer for 10-20 minutes to harden.
- Make a few extras! These cookies store perfectly by wrapping each ice cream sandwich in a piece of parchment paper and place in a gallon freezer storage bag.
- Store ice cream sandwiches for a few weeks.
Serving Size: 1 Ice cream sandwich
Number of Servings: 8
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 0 Minutes
Additional Time: 20-30 minutes
- Butterscotch Chips
- Cocoa or Fruity Pebbles
- Cinnamon Toast Crunch
- Macadmia Nuts
- Sour Patch Kids
- Graham Crackrers
- Mini Marshmallows
- Crushed Oreos
- Reese’s Pieces
- Dried Cranberries
- Swedish Fish