This post may contain affiliate links. Read the full disclosure for more information.
Buying gifts for everyone in your life can be expensive and exhausting. Making handmade gifts are so much better! People love them more, you save money and they’re fun to create. But finding something that doesn’t scream “Cheap homemade gift” isn’t an easy task! These DIY tassel earrings are perfect for gift-giving when you want a chic and trendy gift for the women in your life!
Minute DIY Tassel Earrings
Creating DIY tassel earrings is a breeze! Supplies are cheap and you can make several pair in just one hour! They’re the perfect gift for anyone who’s trying to stay on a budget. All you need are a few basic supplies, a few extra minutes and earring holes! 🙂
Round nose jewelry pliers
Sterling silver earring hooks
5-7mm silver jump rings
Neon coral embroidery thread
- Measure out 25 strands of embroidery floss 7” long.
- Place all the strands together and trim a 1/2” off each side to make sure all pieces are the same length.
- Cut the stands in half to make 2-3” bundles of strands.
- Slide a jump ring onto the center of your strand bundles and fold the bundle in half.
- Cut 2-9” strands of embroidery floss and tie the bundles together in a tight knot right under the ring.
- Wrap the ends around a few times and tie the two ends into a tight double knot. Cut off any loose ends.
- Use the pliers to open the bottom loop of the earring hook, slide the open hook onto the loop ring and close back up with pliers.
- Use the pointy end of the thread ripper to comb out the embroidery floss into single threads.
- Trim the tassels to even then out and they are ready to wear!