This post may contain affiliate links. Read the full disclosure for more information.
A few weeks ago, my daughter asked me why we never buy Dunkaroos any more. To be honest, I had forgotten about them but it looks like the yummy dippable snack is making a huge comeback! Later that week, I was at Sam’s Club and saw a 6 pack of Dunkaroos for $8!!! I wasn’t about to spend that much on some icing and animal cookies, so I decided to figure out how to DIY Dunkaroos!
Turns out, you can make your own version quite easily. And, instead of just pairing it with the tiny cookies that come with the prepackaged options, you can serve your DIY Dunkaroos with anything you’d like! Some of our ideas include:
- Graham Crackers
Whipping up your own DIY Dunkaroos is THE perfect summer activity and this 4th of July themed snack is the best thing you’ll serve at your parties this year!
Easy DIY Dunkaroos
- 8oz Whipped Topping
- 15oz Box Patriotic Funfetti Cake Mix
- 8oz Cream Cheese
- 1/4 Cup Milk
- Patriotic Sprinkles (Walmart)
- Cookies & Strawberries(For Dunking)
- In a large mixing bowl heat the patriotic Funfetti cake mix for 1 minute 30 seconds in the microwave to heat treat the flour.
- Then combine whipped topping, cream cheese, sprinkles & milk with the heated patriotic Funfetti cake mix. The dip may turn a light red/pink due to the sprinkles getting wet!
- Mix well.
- Transfer to a serving dish and cover in sprinkles.
- Serve with cookies & strawberries and dunk away!!
That’s it! Easy, squeezy, Dunkaroo breezy!