This post may contain affiliate links. Read the full disclosure for more information.
In case you’re new around here, I’ll let you in on a little secret: I’m cheap. Like, super duper cheap. I’m the mom who has her kiddos convinced that thrift stores are cool, used is better and frugal is totally normal. But there are a few things that I’m willing to splurge on in life. Toilet paper is not one of them. My kids’ education is.
In years past, I’ve always splurged on my kiddos homeschool curriculum when I’ve found something that works well for our family. I don’t have a problem spending $100+ for something we’ll only use for a year, as long as we’re getting value out of it.
After my oldest started struggling with her current math, I knew I didn’t want to invest that much money into something that wasn’t working for her.
This caused me to take a step back and reevaluate our math selection. I mean, if we’re going to be paying for an online math curriculum, I should at least make sure it’s perfect for us, right?
Let me stop right here and tell you something else that’s causing me stress in our homeschool: This year, our little Bear is starting kindergarten. Unlike my girls, he has NO interest in school work. Anything that requires him to hold still for .0007 seconds is out of the question. Needless to say, planning our homeschool has been a challenge this year. (Also worth noting, I will have one kiddo entering kindergarten, one entering middle school and one entering high school. All of these grades scare me!)
I received this product for free and was compensated for my time. All opinions are 100% my own.
So, the quest to find the perfect homeschool math program began.
I’d heard about CTCMath before and even used it with my oldest when she needed some extra help, which was becoming more and more often. However, I’d already doled out the money for our current curriculum and was determined to use it for the rest of the year.
But now, with a new year and a fresh slate, I took another looksy at CTCMath, as well as other online math programs. I was so happy with what I found and even more excited when I realized all of my kids could use the program for the price I had previously spent on just one grade level!
- CTCMath is a mastery curriculum, meaning you keep learning the topic until it’s mastered.
- CTC gives you a snapshot of what problems you missed at the end of each lesson, allowing you to see which areas you need to work on.
- CTCMath sends a weekly summary to parents so they can see exactly how each child is doing.
- This program is perfect for kindergarten through Calculus.
- CTCMath is perfect for large family budgets. For the price of a single grade curriculum, you have access to ALL lessons, from kindergarten through Calculus.
- CTCMath allows you to work at your own pace. There’s no need to purchase another level once you’ve completed your current level. This is super helpful when you have a kiddo who loves math or one who wants to graduate early! It will save you a lot of money.
- CTCMath has reinforcement where needed. My kids have struggled with knowing their times tables. And I mean, struggled hard. CTCMath allows kids to keep working on their multiplication each day, by simply clicking the link at the bottom of the page. They can also practice Speed Skills and solve fun logic problems on Swap Pieces.
- CTCMath gives kiddos a certificate reward for their accomplishments. This is the perfect encouragement to keep them working hard.
- CTCMath has quick and thorough videos that are engaging and fun.
If you’re looking for a more affordable option for your homeschool, check out CTCMath. It’s as effective as other curriculum but much more affordable! Kids love it and parents love the savings.