This post may contain affiliate links. Read the full disclosure for more information.
Slime is as much fun as it is pretty. We’ve tried adding all sorts of fun things to our slimes but I think our simple Crayon Slime is one of my personal faves. It’s quick and easy and nearly impossible to mess up. You can change the colors or use a rainbow of your favorites. The options are limitless!
Crayon Slime Ingredients:
Quick & Easy Instructions:
- Chose the color crayons you want in your slime. The slime in the photos has about 8 different rainbow colors but you can add more or less colors, if you choose. (Slime made with a single color of crayon shavings are just as pretty as the rainbow colored slime. We also love to do all shades of one hue. Dark blue, baby blue, light blue, etc.)
- Peel the wrapper off your Crayons.
- Using the scissors, shave the crayon. Kid scissors will work too, so kids can help! I collected my crayon shavings on a piece of wax paper to make transferring them easy.
- In a bowl, pour the entire 5 oz bottle of clear glue.
- Add in ½ cup of water.
- Add in ½ tsp baking soda and stir.
- Pour in the crayon shavings.
Add 1 tbsp contact solution. Your slime will instantly begin to form.
- As with all slime, it will be STICKY! Don’t panic! Mix the solution in the bowl until it starts to form.
- Knead the slime until it is no longer sticky.
- Store in an airtight container.
Do your kiddos love slime as much as mine do?
Don’t miss these fun posts with even more slime recipes!