This post may contain affiliate links. Read the full disclosure for more information.
Christmas is the busiest time of year for our family! Between Christmas shopping, parades and parties, there’s hardly any time to breath! But I like to make sure I make time to spend with each of my kids each day, doing something that requires us to slow down and enjoy the little moments. From snuggling up on the couch and watching a Christmas movie to baking yummy treats in the kitchen, these are the moments that I live for!
This year, we’re cooking up some fun for our friends and neighbors and these Christmas Rice Krispie Treats are as simple as it gets! The kids will love helping you in the kitchen and the final product is as yummy as it is delicious!
Christmas Rice Krispie Treats
- Line a 9×13 baking dish with parchment or wax paper.
- Add the mini marshmallows and butter to a large saucepan or dutch oven and heat on low/medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Once the mixture begins to melt, add in several drops of red gel food coloring and stir to combine.
- Fold in the Rice Krispie cereal until it is completely coated.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared dish and gently press down.
- Place the Rice Krispie Treats in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment or wax paper.
- Remove the treats from the fridge and use the cookie cutter to cut out each treat.
- Pour the bright white candy melts into a microwave safe dish. Heat in the microwave in 30 second increments, stirring occasionally until melted.
- Dip the bottom of the Santa Hats into the melted chocolate forming the rim and allowing the excess to drip back into the bowl.
- Place on the prepared baking sheet and add white sprinkle to the rim of the hat.
- Repeat with all 12 Rice Krispie treats.
- Once the rims have set, you may need to reheat the chocolate for a few more seconds.
- Dip the top of Santa’s Hat into the white chocolate and place 1 marshmallow half on the top for the pom-pom.
- Repeat with all Santa Hats.