This post may contain affiliate links. Read the full disclosure for more information.
6 Reasons We LOVE Easy Peasy All-In-One Homeschool
If you’re kicking around the idea of homeschooling or have made up your mind to homeschool your kids but don’t know where to start, this post is for you!
There is an amazing lady named Lee who has been homeschooling her kids for many, many years. In 2011 she started putting her kids’ assignments online for others to use on a site called Easy Peasy All-in-One-Homechool. She has included every subject, from math and science to foreign languages and music.
Each “level” has a schedule for 180 days, or an entire school year. If your child is behind in math, no problem! The way she has the site set up, you can simply click on whichever level you need. (Yes, there is a lot of link-clicking if you choose to use this program!) You can stick with the schedule, which meets almost every state’s standards, or you can piece together as much or little as you’d like.
If you’re like most people, you don’t want to invest hundreds of dollars in curriculum when you first start homeschooling. Who wants to spend that much money just to decide 2 months later that homeschooling isn’t the right fit for your family? NO ONE, that’s who!
Easy Peasy is a bit confusing at first, with lots and lots of clicking. But once you figure it out, it’s simple. It took me about a half hour of exploring to find everything I needed for my kids. Not a bad investment, considering you’ll save so hundreds of dollars.
You may be wondering why I’m blogging about a program that my family doesn’t even use. It’s true that we don’t currently use Easy Peasy but at one time we did. When we first started homeschooling, I didn’t want to dump a lot of money into books to “try.” I didn’t know what I was doing, or what kind of learners I was working with. I didn’t know what I really wanted from a curriculum so I used Easy Peasy until I found out. I’m so glad we did. We saved a lot of money by figuring out what we wanted before we started buying. As I’m sure you know, the curriculum search is overwhelming.
Eventually, we replaced all subjects with other curriculum but I still love Easy Peasy. Here’s my short list of reasons why:
- I love that it’s free. How encouraging for new homeschoolers to be able to give it a shot to see if it’s something they want to stick with. For people like me, who dive head first into something then a month later find something else to focus their attention on, it’s perfect. No money thrown out the window if it doesn’t work for you. All you need is basic school supplies, like paper, pencil and the Internet.
- I love that it’s set up so you can include only the subjects you want in a day’s workload. Don’t feel like doing science today? No biggie. Just do the rest of your schedule and pick up on science tomorrow.
- I love that it uses old-school readers and books to teach reading. Simple, quick “Dick and Jane” type stories help encourage new readers. This is the program that I used to teach Miss Manners to read. I can go back and go over any lessons with her, if she struggles with a sound or phonics.
- I love that my kids can use it from preschool to high school. It’s truly ALL IN ONE, ya’ll!
- I love that it has a built-in Bible study. To some families, Bible time is the most important subject to study but one that people often feel that they aren’t qualified to teach. With the simplicity of Easy Peasy, it’s a breeze to teach.
- I love that there is an awesome support group to answer any questions I might have. There is a Facebook group for every level, and every state, as well as a general group for anyone using the program. You will find an answer to your question, all you have to do is ask!
- Bonus: I love that it’s free. Did I already say that? I may have even shouted it from the rooftops, but seriously guys. It’s completely FREE!
So, if I love it so much then why am I not using it? Well, because when I tried it out, it was ALL online. Which is great. And terrible. For us. I loved the ease and cost of the program. It is very thorough and probably even slightly advanced. However, I didn’t like my kids sitting in front of the computer for 3 hours a day. One of the main reasons we decided to homeschool was so that we could spend more time together. We weren’t getting that when they were sitting on the computer all day. So, we chose to find other options.
However, I just checked out the site for the first time in a long time. And guess what! They now offer workbooks so you get the same great curriculum but in book form! And the best part? You can homeschool your kiddo for about $100 a year, using these books! For an entire YEAR! Do you realize that I spent more than that on just one of my kid’s math program ALONE? Easy Peasy is a game changer for new homeschoolers and this new curriculum, called Genesis Curriculum, is a game changer for moms like me who want more interaction from their homeschoolers.
If you are just starting out or don’t know where to start, I suggest giving Easy Peasy a little looksie. It is a great alternative to other options and very detailed. Lee has taken the guesswork out of homeschooling for moms who know what they want but don’t know how to get from point A to point B.
If you’re looking for a way to test the homeschool waters without spending a fortune, check out why so many families LOVE Easy Peasy!